1. Szimpla Music
Music is eternal, music is universal. Music is everywhere in Szimpla Kert. Join us online for all our music programs!
– Free concerts every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
– Szimpla Open Stage every Friday
– Szimpla Jam every Sunday
– Self-awareness Diszkos every second tuesday, Dance DJs every Thu, Fri
– Hungarian traditional folk dance club in the concert hall every Saturday
– Record your music at Szimpla Recordings’ Studio
Look for our annual music selection at the Shisha bar in Szimpla Kert!
2. Szimpla Farmers’ Philosophy
In Szimpla Kert and Szimpla Háztáji we believe in farm-to-table. This is why we’re
– running Szimpla Farmers’ Market every Sunday
– putting food and drinks from first producers on your table in Szimpla Háztáji, Szimpla Kitchen and Szimpla Grill Bar every day
– pouring you craft wine in our Wine Bar and tapping you craft Beers at our craft Beer bars in Budapest and Berlin
– prepare a brunch for you from fresh ingredients from our market every Sunday in our Salon upstairs
3. Szimpla Cultural Centre
We’re in huge favor of arts and culture. You can:
– constantly see contemporary exhibitions and permanent pieces of arts on our walls and in our rooms
– watch mapped animations, 8mm and 35mm projections on our dedicated screens and walls
– experience musical talent programs every spring
4. Szimpla Social, Urban and Environmental responsibility
We in Szimpla are committed to local communities, liveable cities and the protection of the environment. That is why
– we organize a Common Cauldron every Sunday for the benefit of NGOs
– we participate in the European Volunteer Service Programme
– we started Kazinczy Living Library and the Kazinczy Social Hub project
– we keep a photo library at Budapest Katalógus where you can encounter city-dwellers
– we would like to create a pedestrian Kazinczy Street with more greenery, less cars, no traffic during weekends, more bicycle friendly infrastructure. Sign our petitions! Come to our Street festivals!
– our Strike Bike bicycle cellar combines Environmental and Social responsibility, you can discover the city on our rented bikes, or you can buy a new bike and donate for charity
– we organize a Szimpla Bike Market every month where you can find unique bicycle-related products or buy unique, upcycled products
– dogs are welcome in Szimpla: you can come with your dog, participate at regular programs for urban dog owners, and there is dog chip reader at the gate for lost dogs
– discover Budapest and its surroundings off the beaten path, cycling or walking with the Szimpla Greenways Tours
5. Szimpla Design
Szimpla loves design! Therefore we
– have a Szimpla Design Shop with a selection of antiques, Hungarian designer items and upcycled products redesigned by Szimpla.
– also offer our products through the Szimpla Design webshop (coming soon)
5. Get Szimply Amused!
We have Cocktails, Shisha, many fascinating yet not compulsory programs, have a good time!
+1 Share your ideas with us!
Our office also runs as an open agency for you! If you have any ideas to realize, any art to show, feel free to contact us! General information: Anna – firstname.lastname@example.org, Media, markets, guided tours: Orsi – email@example.com, Musical programs: Balázs – firstname.lastname@example.org Group reservations: email@example.com
Budapest Music Scenes
go for a classical music concert at the recently renovated music hall of the Hungarian Music Academy
try out and buy exotic instruments from all over the world in the EthnoSound shop
try out and buy traditional instruments in Tajti Music
surprise yourself with a CD, MC or LP in the Wave Record Store
buy LPs in Somogyi Béla Record Store
go for a concert at the A38 boat
Have lunch in Kőlevesben
Try out Kazimír
Pop in for a BBQ in Fat Mama Eatery
Visit Kispiac Bisztró for a typical Hungarian meal.
+1 Countryside escape
Have a meal in Zománc Bisztró, Vászoly (near Lake Balaton)
Or spend a few days in Naturahill Guesthouse, and try out their restaurant (in the picturesque Danube curve)
Book your stay in the one-time toy store, Bazar Hostel
Or in the historical building of the Maverick Hostel.
Visit Gólya Presszó, community house/pub/café operated on a cooperative basis in the 8th district!
Don’t miss Müszi, the independent complex cultural space in a department store!
Check out Auróra, an open community centre
Try out Hungarian specialities in Szatyorbolt, an NGO selling farmers’ goods
Avoid the popular spas, try the hidden gem, Veli Bej!
Take a walk with your love at the scenic Gül Baba Türbe (Shrine) and Rose Garden
Explore the most beautiful excursion spots of the Buda Hills by the Children’s Railway, run by children